- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, flour and milk until smooth. Add butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs. Return all to the pan. Fold in half of the pie filling. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Just before serving, top with remaining pie filling and whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBlack Forest Pie
"This was overall a descent pie. The regular pie crust actually didn't go well with rest, though. I will probably play with the crust and see if I can come up with something that fits together with the rest of the ingredients better. Aside from that, the filling was pretty good, and I absolutely love cherries."
"It was moist and delicious and not too sweet. And whipped cream should never be optional for this!"