Black Forest Oatmeal Cookies
Total TimePrep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 10 min
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups quick oats (not instant or old fashioned)
- 1 (6 oz.) white chocolate baking bar, coarsely chopped
- 3 (2 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped candied or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in medium bowl; add to shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in with spoon, one at a time, oats, white chocolate, semisweet chocolate, cherries and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information: Calories 210, Total Fat 9.6g, Saturated Fat 3.3g, Cholesterol 13mg, Sodium 119mg, Total Carbohydrate 28.7g, Dietary Fiber 0.8g, Protein 2.7g, Vitamin A 2%DV, Vitamin C <1%DV, Calcium 3%DV, Iron 5%DV
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2014
Since I need to make things gluten-free, I used King Arthur's Gluten Free Baking Mix in place of the flour. It worked beautifully! I Also used old fashioned oats, as that's what I had on hand. I used the mixer to mix them in, instead of by hand. I used pecans too as I didn't have almonds. These tasted great. Because of the gluten-free flour, I baked for only 9 minutes and that was plenty long enough in my oven.