Black Forest Fudge Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Ice cream
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sour cream, sugar and cocoa. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Stir in cherries and extracts. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream): 126 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 28, 2016
Just made your fudge sauce ..... me thinks you exaggerated a wee bit ..... the cocoa powder needs butter sweetie, even though it contains sour cream, I also added about half the cherry juice ..... Otherwise the only way to taste the cherry flavor is bitting into the cherries ..... other than that ..... Linda, you did yourself proud!! It's a keeper folks! add 2 tbsps. butter, yum
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.