Black Forest Dream Dessert
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- Chocolate curls, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in coconut and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. Top with pie filling; cover and chill.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk a small amount of pudding into melted chocolate. Return all to the pudding, whisking constantly. Pour over cherry filling. Chill for 2 hours or until set.
- 4. Just before serving, spread remaining whipped topping over dessert. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired.
1 piece: 540 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 22, 2016
I made this recipe for friends yesterday and we all just loved it. I will make it again, however, I will not use the morsels. I will just use chocolate pudding because I found after mixing in the chocolate, the pudding was not firm even after being in the fridge all day. It was a little "runny" if that is the word to use. Still delicious though.
Aug 31, 2014
Good dessert, made for a family dinner.
Jun 22, 2011
Jul 11, 2010
This is a terrific dessert! Used instant white chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. The nice thing is you can make it a day ahead. All of our friends said it's a "keeper"!
Apr 17, 2009
Absolutely love it!! Even my husband's grandpa who doesn't like pudding took leftovers!!
Aug 8, 2008
This was DELICIOUS!