- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cake mix, water and egg on medium speed for 3-4 minutes. Pour into a greased 9-in. springform pan; place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in whipped topping. Spread pie filling over cake; top with cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBlack Forest Dessert Cake
"I have made this numerous times and it always turns out delicious! Very simple to make too. Sometimes I make a lighter version using lite whipped topping and light cherry pie filling. Can't go wrong with this recipe."
"Loved this recipe. Turned out excellent and was very easy to make."
"This cake is delicious. Thank you Patricia for submitting this recipe. It's going in my favorites."
"It was very moist, rich and amazing! This is my brother's and my favorite cake. I made it for Easter and everyone raved about it! Very happy with it, and would definitely make it again!"
"I 'tweeked' this recipe alittle. I used the chocolate snack cake recipe from Betty Crocker's cookbook, it makes exactly one round 8-inch cake. Or you could probably use the Jiffy brand chocolate cake mix, I think it makes one 8-inch. Add your canned cherries, and follow directions to whip up the cream cheese topping."