Black Forest Crepes Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs and butter. Combine flour, sugar and cocoa; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour . Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; add 2 tablespoons batter. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 2. For sauce, combine sugar and cocoa in a saucepan. whisk in milk; add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. To serve, spoon about 2 tablespoons pie filling down the center of each crepe. Fold sides of crepe over filling; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 225° for 15 minutes. Transfer to serving plates; drizzle with warm chocolate sauce. Yield: 10 servings (20 crepes).
Editor's Note: Unfilled crepes may be covered and refrigerated for 2 to 3 days or frozen for 4 months.
2 each: 321 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Crepes
"I only made the chocolate sauce. it was amazing! I'm sure the rest of this recipe is just as great."