Black Forest Chocolate Torte Recipe
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- 6 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1-1/2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottoms of four greased 9-in. round baking pans with parchment paper; grease paper.
- 2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water just until blended.
- 3. In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with chocolate mixture, beating after each addition. Divide batter among prepared pans.
- 4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; remove paper. Cool completely.
- 5. For chocolate filling, melt chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until blended. Stir in almonds.
- 6. For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- 7. To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/3 cup chocolate filling and 1 cup whipped cream. Repeat layers twice. Top with the remaining cake and chocolate filling.
- 8. Spread remaining whipped cream over sides of cake. Press almonds onto sides. Spoon pie filling over top of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 596 calories, 41g fat (22g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Chocolate Torte
"I can not believe this only has 1 3/4 cup offlour and it makes three four layers , isthis right?"
"I made this for my boyfriend's birthday, and everyone loved it. I was skeptical because I'm not a cherry lover, but the combo with the rich chocolate layers was decadent!"
"I made this torte for a friend's birthday and he shared it with the people at his work and they all loved it, It is also great to made for Christmas."