Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture evenly into crust. Fold cocoa and confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 2. Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 469 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Black Forest Cheesecake
"This may look like it took forever, but the recipe is quite easy and the cheesecake was fabulous! I will absolutely make this again. Beautiful and Delicious!"
"Perfection! Love it when a recipe turns out and I don't have to make any changes. Our new favorite!"
"Excellent. and easy to make"
"I will make this again because it was so easy! I would probably use less cool whip or maybe some additional cream cheese to give it a bit of a stronger cheesecake flavor, but overall it was delicious prepared exactly as the recipe calls.I would make this again, and I would recommend it. We had a heavier dinner, and so this was a perfect, light and fluffy kind of dessert for us and our guests."
"This is one of the most requested desserts in my house! Great recipe!!!"
"This recipe was extremely easy to make. I whipped it up in about fifteen minutes and popped it into the fridge with plenty of time to finish getting ready for a last minute get together."
"do you have to bake this ... i didn't see anything about preheating the oven"
"hello! please help! i made cheesecakes before but i usually bake them. i am very confused. is this supposed to be put in the oven? i did not see preheating or oven instructions. i apologize for my ignorance.. i have everything mixed and it occurred to me just now!"
"Wonderful and easy to make. Instead of putting the cherries on top, I placed a small layer on the bottom and but the cheesecake layers on top. All who tried loved it!"
"Had to send the recipe to everyone. They loved it and I loved it because it was so good and easy!"
"Wonderful! I made it for Thanksgiving one year and now everyone asks for it. My husband even asked for it on his birthday."
"I share the same lunch hour with several ladies at work and we often bring something to the lunchroom for the others to taste. This went so fast. Of course they all want the recipe and I am embarrased to bring it in. They raved about my gormet talents and yet it was sooooooooo easy to make.SandyD4321"