- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture evenly into crust. Fold cocoa and confectioners' sugar into remaining whipped topping mixture; carefully spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut into slices; top each slice with cherry pie filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlack Forest Cheesecake
"This may look like it took forever, but the recipe is quite easy and the cheesecake was fabulous! I will absolutely make this again. Beautiful and Delicious!"
"Perfection! Love it when a recipe turns out and I don't have to make any changes. Our new favorite!"
"Excellent. and easy to make"
"I will make this again because it was so easy! I would probably use less cool whip or maybe some additional cream cheese to give it a bit of a stronger cheesecake flavor, but overall it was delicious prepared exactly as the recipe calls.I would make this again, and I would recommend it. We had a heavier dinner, and so this was a perfect, light and fluffy kind of dessert for us and our guests."
"This is one of the most requested desserts in my house! Great recipe!!!"