Black-Eyed Pea Spinach Salad
Black-eyed peas and pecans bring classic spinach salad to the South. Brightly colored and filling, it’s always a hit. —Debbie Ingle, Winfield, Alabama
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Stir in the peas, tomatoes and onion. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Place the spinach and vegetable mixture in a large serving bowl; toss gently. Sprinkle with pecans and bacon.