Black-Eyed-Pea Salad with Ranch Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2/3 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss lightly. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 45 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 vegetable.
Aug 13, 2011
I have a hard time getting my husband to eat salad, but he likes black-eyed peas. He really liked this salad, and so did I. It went well as a summer side dish with pork chops. It also would be a great thing for a potluck - easy, different and delicious!
Mar 9, 2011
My family loved it, and it is a beautiful salad