- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red onion rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a medium salad bowl, combine peas, onion, green pepper and garlic. Stir together all remaining ingredients and pour over vegetable mixture. Chill, covered for at least 12 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlack-Eyed Pea Salad
"I love this recipe. We make this every New Years Eve and New Year's Day! This is great as a salad and as a salsa with chips."
"A simple and delicious recipe perfect for any meal or get-together. It is so easy to make and calls for inexpensive ingredients. I love cold salads anyway (they remind of church potlucks from when I was little :) but I particularly like this one because it has lots of flavor but is still mild enough for anyone to enjoy, even if they aren't a fan of onions or vinegar. I will definitely be making this again and again in the future!"