- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; chop and set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the artichokes, peas, cheese, peppers, onion and pepperoni. Drain pasta; add to artichoke mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and reserved artichoke liquid. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlack-Eyed Pea Pasta Salad
"I am also a vegetarian so I omitted the pepperoni. This salad is awesome!"
"I made this recipe this last summer. I really like it. I think it would be good anytime of year."
"My boyfriend and I are vegetarians and so we made this without the pepperoni and it was delicious. Very good, we also changed the pasta to the radiatore and it mades it alot easier to eat. I would also recommend cutting the artichoke hearts into smaller pieces"
"I use two 9oz jars marinated baby artichoke hearts and 1 can sliced black olives and 2 cups uncooked pasta. I also double the dressing so more can be added after sitting over night. Love this recipe, have made it many times."
"I used a full 1lb box of pasta (thanks, DGrammyB428!) and doubled the mayo/dressing (I used zesty italian) since I was making it the night before and didn't want it to become too dry. Everyone loved it, and asked for leftovers to take home. I think just about any meat/veggie combo would work well with the basic pasta/dressing. Very light and flavorful!"
"Forgot to mention - I used swiss cheese. Yum. I think this would be a meal in itself with shrimp instead of the pepperoni. Or cubed ham or chicken. The dressing is just right and I'll probably use it on other salads too."
"Luckily I figured out that 1 lb box of pasta not 1 cup was what was needed. This salad is delicious, different and enjoyed by all with our grilled burgers on Memorial Day.Next time I think I'll use garbanzo beans instead of black-eyed peas. Some chopped black olives too. The artichoke hearts kind of get lost, but all in all, a great blend of flavors."
"This was the biggest hit of all the items on the buffet table. I couldn't believe the number of people who went back for second and THIRD helpings. I made no changes to the recipe. It's a keeper."
"colorful, easy. tasty. nice textures from creamy to crunchy. the italian dressing and marinated artichokes add extra flavor"