Black Cherry Cream Parfaits
"This dessert is light and cool but incredibly decadent-tasting," says Margaret Schmieder of Sparks, Nevada.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) black cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups black cherry soda, chilled
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda; refrigerate for 2 hours or until partially set.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form. Stir cherries and walnuts into gelatin; fold in whipped cream. Spoon into parfait glasses. Chill until firm.
1 each: 225 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC