If a black cat crosses your path, we hope it's one of these cute chocolaty creations. This time-saving recipe relies on a boxed cake mix and a can of prepared frosting jazzed up with simple cookie and candy decorations. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 21 Recipes for Halloween Cupcakes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) dark chocolate frosting
- 12 chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies, quartered
- 48 yellow jelly beans
- 24 black jelly beans
- 24 pieces black rope licorice
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes, using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost tops of cupcake. Insert two cookie pieces into each for ears. Add yellow jelly beans for eyes and a black jelly bean for nose. Cut each piece of licorice into thirds, then in half; place three halves on each side of nose for whiskers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Black Cat Cupcakes in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p39
Reviews forBlack Cat Cupcakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2013
"These turned out really cute!"