Black Beans and Sausage
This recipe is quick and easy to make. Your family will be asking for seconds.—Sharon Hunt, Spring Hill, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 pound pork sausage links, cooked and sliced
- In a skillet, heat oil. Cook onion until tender. Add the tomatoes, beans and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Add sausage and let stand 5 minutes.