Black Bean Zucchini Gazpacho
My family enjoys chilled soups during the hot summer months. I came up with this spicy blend when trying to use up our garden zucchini. It's a hit with friends whenever I serve it, too. —Julie Wilson of Grand Rapids, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 149 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Black Bean Zucchini Gazapacho in Light & Tasty August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.