- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweet potato, onion and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potato is almost tender. Stir in the beans, corn, green pepper, lemon juice, garlic and seasonings.
- Spoon a heaping 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with yogurt and salsa. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlack Bean Veggie Burritos
"I really liked these burritos. My 3-year-old son didn't care for them quite as much. I left out the cheese and put the salsa inside the burrito. It worked great!"
"Yummy way to pack a bunch of veggies into a meal. I used less cheese to reduce the fat."