Black Bean Vegetable Soup Recipe
On cold winter days, my family likes to sit down to steaming bowlfuls of this fabulous soup. It's packed with hearty vegetables and beans and has a unique robust flavor.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups water
- 3 low-sodium beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute onion, carrots and celery over medium heat until onion is soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, bouillon, tomatoes, beans, barley, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add spinach; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 14 servings.
1 cup: 113 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Black Bean Vegetable Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC