Black Bean Vegetable Salad
WHEN I had a large vegetable garden, I had fun creating recipes, depending on what was ready for picking. I've found this salad complements meat or fish entrees and can be served even if you have another vegetable as a side dish. -Mildred Sherrer, Bay City , Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Salad in Reminisce May/June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.