Black Bean Taco Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup canned black beans
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Coat a 12-in. pizza pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. With floured hands, press dough onto prepared pan. Bake at 450° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread taco sauce over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Top with tomatoes, beans, corn, chilies, onions and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without sour cream): 264 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2013
Love this pizza quick and delicious!!
Mar 3, 2011
I have not made this yet, but I think it will be a great meal for meatless Monday's for a hubby who is not a vegetarian.
Jan 16, 2011
A tasty meal. I found the amount of taco sauce suggested to me a bit too much for me, but otherwise tasty!
Feb 13, 2010
Made this tonight - the recipe has a lot of potential. Both my husband and I commented that it could use more beans, the kids enjoyed it.
Jan 18, 2010
I have made this pizza several times. Very tasty
Dec 30, 2009
I used a premade whole wheat crust and it really made this a quick meal to prepare. We really loved it and will certainly make it again.
Oct 6, 2009
Really good - you could probably use an already made crust to speed up the prep time!