- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans and pepper. Top with tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlack Bean Spinach Salad
"What a pleasant surprise. I prepared this salad tonight and we gobbled it down. Hubby told me how much he liked the salad. We both did. We both used Ranch dressing on it but the salad itself is delicious. All the many flavors blend together nicely. We especially liked the toasted walnuts. I highly recommend this delicious salad. We will be having it again.Volunteer Field Editor"
"Being a vegetarian I am always on the look out for recipes with beans. This combination is great."