Black Bean Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, beans and pepper. Top with tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Serve with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 322 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 419mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2017
What a pleasant surprise. I prepared this salad tonight and we gobbled it down. Hubby told me how much he liked the salad. We both did. We both used Ranch dressing on it but the salad itself is delicious. All the many flavors blend together nicely. We especially liked the toasted walnuts. I highly recommend this delicious salad. We will be having it again.Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 29, 2010
Being a vegetarian I am always on the look out for recipes with beans. This combination is great.