Black Bean Shrimp Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime zest, optional
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the picante sauce, cilantro, lime juice, oil, honey, salt and, if desired, lime zest. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon onto a lettuce-lined serving platter or salad plates. Garnish with tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 224 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 19, 2013
This was okay but not great. The seasoning combination worked well, but it seemed like it would have been better served as a hot dish instead of a salad.
May 20, 2012
Have fixed this several times and will continue to do so. I love the combination of flavors. Very good.
Aug 4, 2008
Jan 15, 2008
I like to add thawed frozen corn to this recipe and I also like to use small frozen salad shrimp. It's a perfect light meal! Love it.