- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, brown sausage and garlic. Add green pepper and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce and paste, water, chili powder, oregano, salt, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings (1-3/4 quarts).
Reviews forBlack Bean Sausage Chili
"Best chili recipe! My husband loves sausage so I tried it at home and it was a sucess. I had a casino party at the house and decided to incorporate this dish to the menu. Also, I cooked steamed white rice on the side, zero, nada, left!!! I had to share the recipe with at least 10 of the attendees! Thank you for sharing!"
"My husband says this is the best chili I've ever made. I intend to make this again in the near future."