Black Bean Salsa Chicken
I like to serve the grilled chicken and salsa with a long grain and wild rice mix on the side. Use a kitchen shears to easily mince the cilantro.—Karen Scales, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- BLACK BEAN SALSA:
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- Sour cream and lime wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- For salsa, in a bowl, combine the beans, mango, cilantro, lime juice, oil, brown sugar and jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat 7-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with salsa. Garnish with sour cream and lime if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Originally published as Chicken with Black Bean Salsa in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.