Black Bean Rice Bake Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cook the rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, beans, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, corn, peas, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in rice.
- 2. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 418 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Rice Bake
"Very tasty! However if you are looking to cut calories, skip this one."