Black Bean Pineapple Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red and orange peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, pineapple, beans, peppers and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Sep 10, 2010
This salad was so tasty. Not too sweet and not too tart. I used pineapple tidbits instead of the chuncks and it worked well. When I make this again, I'm going to use a little romaine lettuce with the spinach to see how that works. I used my salad spinner to get as much liquid as I could and it kept the salad fresh for an extra day for leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.