Black Bean Medley
This sassy southwestern-style entree stars a blend of corn, black beans, sweet peppers and zesty stewed tomatoes that's spooned over brown rice. "I like to serve it for lunch," writes Sandra Shafer of Mountain View, California. "It's also tasty made with salsa instead of the tomatoes."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, sweet peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Add the corn. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Add the black beans, tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with brown rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 328 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 536mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 10g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.