- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the onion, sweet peppers and garlic in oil until tender. Add the corn. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until corn is tender. Add the black beans, tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over the brown rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forBlack Bean Medley
"This is delicious. Very nice southwestern flavor and so good over brown rice!"