Black Bean Gazpacho Recipe
- 3 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet yellow and red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Editor's Note: Two 14-1/2-ounce cans of diced tomatoes, drained, can be substituted for the fresh tomatoes.
1 cup: 95 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Gazpacho
"Great cold soup, protein and crunchy veggies hit the spot on a hot day."