- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, corn, peppers, onion, celery and cheese. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
3/4 cup: 192 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.