Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1. Combine the chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt; rub over chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Stir in the beans, corn and salsa. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Slice chicken; serve with rice and bean mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken with Rice for Two
"Awesome meal. Only used half the chili powder and it was perfect for the whole family!"
"This was good - nice & spicy. Forgot I didn't have corn so the salsa part wasn't that great without it. Just baked chicken in the oven and made the salsa separately."
"This is one of my favorites. Fast & easy and taste great."