- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add beans, corn and salsa to skillet; cook, covered, 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Remove chicken from pan; cut into slices. Serve with bean mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlack Bean Chicken with Rice
"Fast and very flavorful! I used low sodium beans and hot salsa. We loved the seasoning so much I mixed up an extra batch and keep it in my spice rack."
"Made this exactly as written except added 2 additional chicken breasts. We found this to be pretty spicy as other reviewers have stated. My kids wouldn't eat it and they usually like salsa, corn and black beans."
"The first time that I made this was a huge hit! Just the right amount of heat for my family. Also, I prepared 2 extra breaststroke which I froze for later."