Black Bean Chicken Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- LIME VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cheese. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cups: 298 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 10g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Black Bean Chicken Salad
"This is such a great salad, great when summer vegetables are in season"
"This was very refreshing and the dressing was very good. The prep work took quite a long time; but it was well worth it!"