One of my favorite local restaurants, Zeppelins, has the best chicken nachos. Their famous dish inspired me to create my own but with the added convenience of using the slow cooker. I always use fresh cilantro because it's economical and it makes the dish pop with flavor. —Natalie Hess, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Recommended: 29 Recipes For Ballpark-Favorite Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 jars (16 ounces each) black bean and corn salsa
- 1 each medium green pepper and sweet red pepper, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional toppings: minced fresh cilantro, pickled jalapeno slices and sour cream
- Place chicken, salsa and peppers in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, serve chicken over chips; sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Add toppings of choice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean Chicken Nachos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p110