- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Salsa, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlack Bean Burritos
"Add a spoonful of guacamole, and this becomes a healthier version of Taco Bell's 7-Layer Burrito."