- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- salsa, sour cream, minced fresh cilantro, cubed avocado, optional
- In a nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat; saute onion and green pepper until tender. Stir in beans; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cupful off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with the cheese, tomato and lettuce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with salsa, sour cream, cilantro and avocado if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlack Bean Burritos
"Add a spoonful of guacamole, and this becomes a healthier version of Taco Bell's 7-Layer Burrito."