Just a handful of ingredients add up to one of our family’s favorites. Also easy to double for company! —Susan Brown, Kansas City, Kansas
Recommended: 65 Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostada shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, sour cream and salsa
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is almost evaporated, 6-8 minutes. Stir in black beans; heat through.
- To serve, spread tostada shells with refried beans. Top with beef mixture and toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Black Bean and Beef Tostadas in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p59
Reviews forBlack Bean and Beef Tostadas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2011
"This was very easy and delicious!"