- 1 pound uncooked chorizo, casings removed, or spicy Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the chorizo, onion, poblanos and jalapenos over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chorizo is cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in tomato paste. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, beans, stock and spices; stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in lime juice. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews forBlack Bean, Chorizo & Sweet Potato Chili
"A little too spicy for us, but the taste was good. Will make again and dial it back a notch. Makes a lot of chili!"
"I wasn't sure how the sweet potatoes would be in this recipe, but it was very good. I used 1/2 lb chorizo and 1/2 lb ground beef, and omitted the jalapenos. We just don't like things really spicy. The flavors were excellent. It's a keeper!"
"This chili was awesome. It has a smoky, rich flavor. I added 2 Tbs. brown sugar and 3 kung pao peppers. Substituted 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for the jalapeno peppers. Flavors were excellent."
"OMG, this was such a big hit with my guest. I even made a 2nd batch for my vegetarian friends by substituting vegetarian bulk sausage for the chorizo and veg. stock in place of the beef stock."