Black-and-White Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet red or yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 111 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 24, 2011
Really needs to sit overnight. I wasn't crazy about this as a salad but love it as a bean dip with Nachos. Also from WV so we used ramps instead of green onions.
Dec 30, 2010
I tried this for the first time and my guests went wild over it. It's a sure fire winner.
May 22, 2008
My family loved this salad, though I tweaked it a bit. I added an avocado, skipped the vinegar and added 2 TBS. of ranch dressing instead. Sue-Kat