Black-and-White Bean Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups chopped seeded tomato
- 1-1/2 cups diced sweet red or yellow pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salsa, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 111 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 24, 2011
Really needs to sit overnight. I wasn't crazy about this as a salad but love it as a bean dip with Nachos. Also from WV so we used ramps instead of green onions.
Dec 30, 2010
I tried this for the first time and my guests went wild over it. It's a sure fire winner.
May 22, 2008
My family loved this salad, though I tweaked it a bit. I added an avocado, skipped the vinegar and added 2 TBS. of ranch dressing instead. Sue-Kat