- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter, stirring occasionally. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumbs into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk, egg and vanilla. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or until completely chilled. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forBlack 'n' White Cheesecake Bars
"These bars tasted good, but they're flat and rather ugly in my opinion. I didn't have a marbled batter, but my family said, "what are those clumps in there?" Not what you want to hear."
"I'm writing this review because I just made the bar and had a slight problem with the order of the steps. If you want the bars to look like the picture and retain the nice white color with black specks then you shouldn't add the reserved crumbs to the cream cheese batter. Mix the batter, pour it on the crust, and then sprinkle the crumbs on top. If you add the crumbs directly to the batter you end up with a marbled looking batter. I haven't tasted them but I'm sure with chocolate, cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk they can't be bad."
"I made these bars for a family get together near the holidays. Despite the numerous other desserts, these bars were gone in no time. I will definately make them again."
"These bars went pretty fast when I made them last Easter."