Black 'n' White Bean Salad is a cool, hearty side dish Kay Ogden created after tasting a similar one in a restaurant. "It goes together in no time and complements most entrees," reports this Grants Pass, Oregon reader.
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, red pepper, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Black 'n' White Bean Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p11
Reviews forBlack 'n' White Bean Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2014
"I really liked it! Unfortunately my husband did not."