- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cucumber, red pepper, onion and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Using a slotted spoon, serve over lettuce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBlack 'n' White Bean Salad
"I really liked it! Unfortunately my husband did not."