Bittersweet Double Chocolate Truffles
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Optional toppings: Crushed peppermint candies, sprinkles and chopped nuts
- In a small saucepan, melt bittersweet chips over low heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes.
- Beat in whipped topping and cinnamon. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls. Shape mixture into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt milk chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 truffle: 105 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 23, 2013
Very easy to make, my12 yr old makes them every year and they are wonderful.
Nov 15, 2011
Delicious! These were a bit messy to make, so they spent some extra time in the freezer. I dipped half the batch in melted white chocolate. Turned out great!
Feb 11, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly as written. I could not form mixture in to balls. Very difficult to work with.