- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 medium tart apples
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; reserve 1 tablespoon. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry sheets; roll and trim each to an 8-in. square. Brush with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture. Cut each square into eight 1-in. strips.
- Cut each apple into eight wedges; wrap one strip of pastry around each wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture. Bake 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forBite-Sized Apple Pies
"So fast and easy! I use granny smith apples. It's like making mini apple pies but much easier."
"We used honeycrisp apples, and tossed the slices in the cinnamon sugar mixture rather than sprinkling it on the dough. We had them with a side of warmed caramel ice cream topping for dipping. Fast, fun, delicious."
"Amazing, simply amazing. easy to make, delicious to eat and was loved by all. I have an apple tree in the backyard and come harvest time, i plan to make this a weekly staple. i served with warm caramel sauce for dipping. Score!"
"What's not to love? pie crust, apples, cinnamon, butter? Mmmm good. I love hand held food when serving a crowd or group. This will go in my recipe file!"
"easy to make and delicious. Best if eaten immediately"
"We had a lot of fun rolling this up as a family. We took leftovers to a large gathering and they were quickly gobbled up. So easy - I am no baker and pies intimidate me. This is completely doable for those of us who rely on refrigerated pie crusts! I especially love that I didn't have to peel and cube the apples! Just used my apple wedger, trimmed a little, and then ready to go!"
"easy and fun to make, can heat leftovers or just eat as is."