Bite-Size Fruitcakes Recipe
Meet the Cook: Because I didn't care for fruitcake, I had to have the recipe for this after I found out what it was I'd been enjoying at the office over the holidays! My husband and I are the parents of two grown sons and grandparents of five. -Alma Stearns, Lansing, Michigan
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) chopped dates
- 1 pound Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 pound chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 pound candied cherries, halved
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Additional candied cherries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the flour and baking soda; add alternately to the creamed mixture with sour cream. Stir in the dates, nuts, pineapple, cherries and raisins.
- 2. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 300° for 40-50 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- 3. For glaze, combine egg, milk and water; mix well. Brush over fruitcakes. Bake 10 minutes longer. Decorate with candied cherries if desired. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 10 dozen.
2 each: 210 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Bite-Size Fruitcakes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC