As a turkey lover who can't get enough during fall and winter, I was inspired to come up with a restaurant-worthy sandwich. I love it with a soft, rich cheese like Brie. —Grace Voltolina, Westport, Connecticut
Featured In: 45 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- 8 slices Camembert or Brie cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute apple with sugar and cinnamon until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; saute onion until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sauteed apple.
- Spread cranberry sauce onto bottom of rolls; layer with turkey, apple mixture and cheese. Place on a baking sheet alongside roll tops, cut side up.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt and roll tops are golden brown, 45-60 seconds. Add arugula; close sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Turkey Sandwich in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017
Reviews forBistro Turkey Sandwich
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2018
"Great taste, but HUGE CALORIES for one sandwich, nearly 80% of my daily allowance of calories."