Bistro Turkey Sandwich
As a turkey lover who can't get enough during fall and winter, I was inspired to come up with a restaurant-worthy sandwich. I love it with a soft, rich cheese like Brie. —Grace Voltolina, Westport, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- 8 slices Camembert or Brie cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute apple with sugar and cinnamon until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; saute onion until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sauteed apple.
- Spread cranberry sauce onto bottom of rolls; layer with turkey, apple mixture and cheese. Place on a baking sheet alongside roll tops, cut side up.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt and roll tops are golden brown, 45-60 seconds. Add arugula; close sandwiches.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 797 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1196mg sodium, 87g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 55g protein.
Originally published as Leftover Turkey Delight Sandwich in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.