As a turkey lover who can't get enough during fall and winter, I was inspired to come up with a restaurant-worthy sandwich. I love it with a soft, rich cheese like Brie. —Grace Voltolina, Westport, Connecticut
Featured In: 45 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apple, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole-berry or jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1 pound cooked turkey, sliced
- 8 slices Camembert or Brie cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute apple with sugar and cinnamon until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter over medium heat; saute onion until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sauteed apple.
- Spread cranberry sauce onto bottom of rolls; layer with turkey, apple mixture and cheese. Place on a baking sheet alongside roll tops, cut side up.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat until cheese begins to melt and roll tops are golden brown, 45-60 seconds. Add arugula; close sandwiches. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bistro Turkey Sandwich in Simple & Delicious October/November 2017