Bistro Tuna Sandwiches
Your family and friends will love this fun French take on a grilled tuna sandwich. Tucked into a crusty baguette, it’s fast, easy and packed with veggies and fresh flavor. —Sonya Labbe, Santa Monica, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- Place the olives, capers, lemon juice, zest, garlic and 1 tablespoon oil in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Brush tuna with remaining oil; sprinkle with pepper. Lightly oil the grill rack. For medium-rare, grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until slightly pink in the center.
- Cut baguette in half horizontally. Grill bread cut side down, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Slice tuna into 1/2-in. thick slices. Combine mayonnaise and mustard until smooth; spread over baguette bottoms. Layer with peppers, onion, tuna, olive mixture and lettuce; replace tops. Cut into slices.